[Exim] Re: Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phras…

Autor: Andre Grueneberg
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phrase elements
Philip Hazel wrote:

PH> .... for far too long. My reading of the current draft suggests
PH> that x@y is a valid address.

[...]
PH> Likewise, in the revision of the SMTP protocol, one finds
PH> 2.3.5 Domain

PH> A domain (or domain name) consists of one or more dot-separated
PH> components, each consisting of a sequence of letters, digits, and
PH> hyphens.

One can read that in different ways (at least I do):

a) ... consists of one (or more dot-separated) components ...
b) ... consists of one (or more) dot-separated components ...

But what's one dot-separated component? How can I separated one component?
Oxymoron...;)

  -=( CU Andre )=-         E-Mail: andre@???
... Kosmetik ist die Kunst, aus der Not eine Jugend zu machen