[Exim] Logging questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeff 'Sticky Hands' East
A: Exim MTA users mailing list
Asunto: [Exim] Logging questions
    I'm a new user to exim (Debian 2.1r2), and like its comparative
simplicity so far. I have a dialup PPP link and use fetchmail to get from
the ISP POP server. I was very happy when a fellow user found the
reference to "smtp_allow_queue_per_connection". That was a frustrating
search...

    I'm used to, and think I'd prefer, having the MTA put logging
through syslogd.  Is there a reason not to do this?  Can I get exim (via
"log_file_path") to do it?  I even looked for notes on this in the
NewStuff file...
"You know the old story: girl meets boy, girl modifies boy's subroutines."
              - Captain Janeway, speaking of an Irish barkeep