Re: [Exim] Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phras…

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phrase elements
Quoth Randy Bush on Thu, Jan 13, 2000:
> > ...but I think that the only use of MX records on TLDs (such as
> > .cc and .cx) is for people to have fun with the shortest
> > addresses in the world.
>
> fyi, there are still entire countries forwarding through a uucp link.

But they are not .cc and .cx. And, according to the RFC822
(which is older than the .il TLD), e-mail addresses such as s@cx
are invalid. If the said countries forward all their mail
through UUCP, they still have to use second level mail domains
and set up an MX record for *.tld pointing to their mail relay.

If you think it's wrong, join the IETF working group which is
working on the update of RFC822.

Vadik.

--
Taunt not the sysadmin, for he can become you and make your life
interesting.