Re: [Exim] exim 3.12 with mysql build problem

Author: Philip Hazel
To: nikhil
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 3.12 with mysql build problem
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 nikhil@??? wrote:

> I am currnetly trying to build/make exim 3.12. I have set LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes
>
> When it tries to build it gives the following error:
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/nikhil/exim-3.12/build-Linux-i386/lookups'
> gcc -c -O -I /usr/include mysql.c
> mysql.c: In function `perform_mysql_search':
> mysql.c:181: warning: passing arg 5 of `mysql_real_connect' makes integer from pointer without a cast
> mysql.c:181: warning: passing arg 6 of `mysql_real_connect' makes pointer from integer without a cast
> mysql.c:181: warning: passing arg 7 of `mysql_real_connect' makes integer from pointer without a cast
> mysql.c:181: too many arguments to function `mysql_real_connect'
> mysql.c:239: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> make[2]: *** [mysql.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/nikhil/exim-3.12/build-Linux-i386/lookups'
>

> mysql.h is in /usr/include/mysql.h and the lib files should be in the 'path'.
>
> Any ideas?

I'm not knowledgeable about MYSQL, but I think you may have an old MYSQL
version, because the definition of mysql_real_connect in mysql.h that I
have is

#if MYSQL_VERSION_ID >= 32200
MYSQL *         STDCALL mysql_real_connect(MYSQL *mysql, const char *host,
                                           const char *user,
                                           const char *passwd,
                                           const char *db,
                                           unsigned int port,
                                           const char *unix_socket,
                                           unsigned int clientflag);
#else
MYSQL *         STDCALL mysql_real_connect(MYSQL *mysql, const char *host,
                                           const char *user,
                                           const char *passwd,
                                           unsigned int port,
                                           const char *unix_socket,
                                           unsigned int clientflag);
#endif

The code in Exim (which was originally contributed by a user) fits with
the first of these definitions. The version of MYSQL that I have is 3.22.25.