Re: [Exim] dynamically loadable lookups

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Haslam
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] dynamically loadable lookups
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Steve Haslam wrote:

> I'm going through contortions to fit it into the build system
> though... is there a particular reason for Exim not using autoconf?

History. I copied the idea of an EDITME file from smail. Then one of my
colleagues started the invention of the way it is currently done (I
originally had a pretty simple Makefile for the system I was developing
on). It then grew to the way it is. Another of my colleagues said "This
should be autoconf. I'll do it this weekend." Three weeks later he gave
up. He also moved to another job, but I don't think that was related. :-)