Re: [Exim] exim and homedirectories

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jacob Kuntz
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim and homedirectories
Peter Radcliffe (pir@???) wrote:
> Jacob Kuntz <jake@???> probably said:
> > i'm having a problem with exim not writing mail to users mailboxes when the
> > user has a homedir set to /dev/null in /etc/passwd.
>
> My guess would be that it's looking for ~/.forward and such and failing
> (but you didn't tell us what your config is, so I'm only guessing).
> It might also be failing on trying to set the cwd to /dev/null for $home.

the configuration i'm using is generated by eximconfig shipped with debian.
mailboxes exist as /var/spool/mail/${local_part}. is there any way to
prevent exim from setting the cwd to the user's homedir?

--
(jacob kuntz)                    jake@{megabite,underworld}.net jpk@???
(megabite systems)     "think free speech, not free beer." (gnu foundataion)