Re: [Exim] Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phras…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phrase elements
Quoth Scot Elliott on Wed, Jan 12, 2000:
> I'm not sure they should be illegal, weather the RFC says so or not.

I'm not sure either, but...

> I've got an address in the CX tld (s@cx) - which I have to say is hard to
> get email to.

...but I think that the only use of MX records on TLDs (such as
.cc and .cx) is for people to have fun with the shortest
addresses in the world. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying
that people who set up MX records for TLDs should read RFCs
first, and check whether all mailers in the world fail to
implement the RFCs. Exim does (or at least did), which made mail
for user@cc go to Cocos (Keeling) Ilands instead of
cc.huji.ac.il, as it was intended.

> Usually works if you qualify it (s@cx.) - but I don't think
> I should have to.

According to RFC822, "s@cx." is an invalid e-mail address, too.
Sorry about that.

Vadik.

--
Any language that involves exposing private parts to friends is a
tad suspect...