[Exim] no exit error on duplications for dbmbuild

Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] no exit error on duplications for dbmbuild
The "new" (3.0 and above) version of exim_dbmbuild as clearly documented
in the specs and the READMEs behaves differently with respect to duplicate
keys in the records.

I don't want make to Stop on this error, but I do want it to stop on other
errors. I could try to do something clever to look at particular exit
codes (but I saw a lot of exit(1) in the source), or I could have an
option to exim_dbmbuild, -noduperr, which if set will see to it that the
exit status is not set to 1 as a result of a duplication.

Maybe this isn't the best approach, but below my sig is the patch against
exim_dbmbuild.c from 3.12

If others think that this is a good idea, feel free to use it. It's only
three lines of added/modified code, but for all that it's GPLed.

If there are better ways to approach the problem, I'd be happy to hear
about it.

I know that it is reasonable to say that the input should be clean with no
duplicate records, but for some cases checking that is expensive and
collisions aren't such a problem (I have for example a list of "expired
addresses" with things like

address1: :fail: This addresses expired on ...

Because we do resuse aliases (yuck!) there will be duplications. But
there might be other cases where people want a make to continue on
duplicaitons, while stopping on other db errors.

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814

*** exim_dbmbuild.c-orig    Wed Jan 12 16:33:04 2000
--- exim_dbmbuild.c    Wed Jan 12 16:36:06 2000
***************
*** 43,48 ****
--- 43,49 ----
  int add_zero = 1;
  BOOL lowercase = TRUE;
  BOOL warn = TRUE;
+ BOOL duperr = TRUE;
  BOOL lastdup = FALSE;
  #ifndef USE_DB
  int is_db = 0;
***************
*** 62,67 ****
--- 63,69 ----
    {
    if      (strcmp(argv[arg], "-nolc") == 0)    lowercase = FALSE;
    else if (strcmp(argv[arg], "-nowarn") == 0)  warn = FALSE;
+   else if (strcmp(argv[arg], "-noduperr") == 0)  duperr = FALSE;
    else if (strcmp(argv[arg], "-lastdup") == 0) lastdup = TRUE;
    else if (strcmp(argv[arg], "-nozero") == 0)  add_zero = 0;
    else break;
***************
*** 180,186 ****
          if (warn) fprintf(stderr, "** Duplicate key \"%s\"\n",
            keybuffer);
          dupcount++;
!         yield = 1;
          if (lastdup) EXIM_DBPUT(d, key, content);
          break;

--- 182,188 ----
          if (warn) fprintf(stderr, "** Duplicate key \"%s\"\n",
            keybuffer);
          dupcount++;
!         if(duperr) yield = 1;