Re: [Exim] spool file locked for LONG times...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: roger
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spool file locked for LONG times...
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 roger@??? wrote:

> I only have one mail list, about 30-40 messages per day, and while most of
> them are sent off immediately, sometimes a message arrives and then sits
> in the queue for up to one hour before it gets sent off... At the moment
> I have a message which has been in the queue for 79 minutes, and every
> time exim does a queue run, i get "Spool file is locked" on this message.

"Spool file is locked" means that some Exim process is working on the
message. You can use "exiwhat" to find out which process it is, and what
it thinks it is doing (unless the process is totally jammed). It is
possible for a large message with many recipients to take 79 minutes or
more to get delivered, if some of the deliveries run slowly. However, if
it goes on for several hours there may be a problem.