Re: [Exim] majordomo delivery to file changes perms

Autor: Randy Bush
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] majordomo delivery to file changes perms
>> majordomo_aliases:
>>       driver = aliasfile
>>     /usr/ftp/pub/lists/idn.current
>>     user@???
>>     another@???

>> the perms on the file /usr/ftp/pub/lists/idn.current are changed from 644
>> to 600. so what am i doing wrongly?
>>
>> randy, who has scrounged faq, doc, mail list
>
> fgrep mode spec.txt
>
> 15.1 Private options for appendfile
> mode
>     Type:    octal integer
>     Default: 0600

yup, saw that.

> An easy way around this would be setting
> mode = 644
> mode_fail_narrower = false
> in your appendfile transport, but I assume theres a way to make that
> specific for the majordomo director .
>
> 22.6 Forwardfile private options
>
> file_transport
>
>     Type:    string
>     Default: unset

> Create a transport that uses appendfile and has the mode, etc, set to
> what you want and call it in file_transport in majordomo_aliases.

saw that and did that last night and it seems to work for the specific case
(sorry, took some hours before mail came in for a filed list). but my fear
was that it would also do it for other files appended to by the driver,
e.g. a local mailbox. but the mode on the local_delivery: (well, procmail
in my case), seems to prevail.

> The spec is a useful document, if you read it.

wow! never thought of that. and here i was still trying to figure out how
to use pixels as bog paper. thanks!

randy