Re: [Exim] majordomo delivery to file changes perms

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] majordomo delivery to file changes perms
Randy Bush <randy@???> probably said:
>     majordomo_aliases:
>       driver = aliasfile

>     /usr/ftp/pub/lists/idn.current
>     user@???
>     another@???

> the perms on the file /usr/ftp/pub/lists/idn.current are changed from 644 to
> 600.
> so what am i doing wrongly?

> randy, who has scrounged faq, doc, mail list

fgrep mode spec.txt

15.1 Private options for appendfile

mode

    Type:    octal integer
    Default: 0600

    If the output file is created, it is given this mode. If it already exists
    and has wider permissions, they are reduced to this mode. If it has
    narrower permissions, an error occurs unless mode_fail_narrower is false.
    However, if the delivery is the result of a save command in a filter file
    specifing a particular mode, then the mode of the output file is always
    forced to take that value, and this option is ignored.

An easy way around this would be setting
mode = 644
mode_fail_narrower = false
in your appendfile transport, but I assume theres a way to make that
specific for the majordomo director ....

Ah, yes, here it is;

22.6 Forwardfile private options

file_transport

    Type:    string
    Default: unset

    A forwardfile director sets up a direct delivery to a file when a path
    name not ending in a slash is specified as a new 'address'. The transport
    used is specified by this option, which, after expansion, must be the name
    of a configured transport.

Create a transport that uses appendfile and has the mode, etc, set to
what you want and call it in file_transport in majordomo_aliases.

The spec is a useful document, if you read it.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???