Re: (fwd) Re: [Exim] Exim DoS - Delaying system performance …

Author: hamster
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: [Exim] Exim DoS - Delaying system performance / system crash.
On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 02:16:43PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Steven Clarke wrote:
> > It seems to be connecting to the
> > mail server, starting a SMTP session and then sending a 1Mb header line.
> > This doesn't seem to cause a DoS to Exim 3.12 so it looks like the changes
> > between 3.10 and 3.11 to improve memory allocation for headers worked.

This smells like the problem I reported a while ago where a message
with a 360k header was killing one of my relays (sending the recieving
process off into memory hell).

> Oh, right. Yes, those changes were specifically aimed at fixing this
> problem. Good. I like it when I can say "already fixed" :-)

*grin*

    Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster@???>
Well not so much flying as sitting on the tube...

All computers are evil, just remember that. -- Me.