[Exim] Problem sending email to a specific domain

Author: Susanne Bullo
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] Problem sending email to a specific domain
I attempted an internal delivery which worked and then an external one which
also worked. But then I realized my external email message to test out this
domain was from a domain residing on the server as well. So, I attempted to
send a test email to the same domain using another email address not
associated with the server at all and got these two messages (actually one
was from a client and the second is what I received). What could be causing
a "host name lookup failure" or "unrouteable mail domain"?

Thanks!

Susanne Bullo

Mail Delivery Subsystem wrote:

     **      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
     **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **

The original message was received at Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:29:44 -0500 (EST)

    ----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
 <thisname@???>

 <thisname@???>... Deferred: Name server: thisdomain.com.: host
name lookup failure
 Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
 Will keep trying until message is 3 days old

recipients. The following address(es) failed:

  thisname@???:
    unrouteable mail domain "thisdomain.com"