Re: [Exim] Bug in makefile?

Author: Jonathan Hunter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bug in makefile?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Knoble" <jmknoble@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Friday, December 31, 1999 8:35 PM

> What platform are you compiling on? Which `make' are you using?

Linux/i386 (Slackware 7). GNU make 3.77.

> I've seen various vendor-supplied makes keep whitespace after the value
> assigned to a variable. Try lines like this and see if they work as
> well:
>
> CONFIGURE_FILE=/usr/local/exim/configure# Location of configure file

That works fine. Is it a bug in GNU make, therefore? I only mentioned it in
the first place as at the top of the Exim Makefile it says I should be able
to have both types of comments. I always like trying out new things to see
if they break :-)

Regards,

Jonathan