RE: [Exim] re: DNS lookup by default...

Author: Chan Cao
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] re: DNS lookup by default...
Ok cool. I got it. I finally stumbled upon a FAQ which
mentions the use of the gethostbyname option. My initial
misunderstanding was that if this option is set to true
then no MX processing would be done. But seeing how Exim
walks down the configure file in order, I put an additional
router after the router in the default config file:

lookuphost:
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp

#added lookuphost2 router to handle specific domains [jena] to
#be passed to gethostbyname

lookuphost2:
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp
domains = exchange.xxx.xxx.com
gethostbyname

That did the trick. Thanks Peter. I sorta expected a more detailed
explanation but seeing how I should figure things out, I think it's
better for my own sake. Your help nudged me in the right direction.

Chan