[Exim] How to spool to remote user-name-dirs ?

Author: Carpenter, Dean
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [Exim] How to spool to remote user-name-dirs ?
I've set up a Linux system with exim that is at a lower MX priority than our
normal system. The main mail system (Exchange boo hiss) will be taken down
for the Dec 31-Jan 1 transition, so this one will be accepting mail for our
domains during that time period.

Rather than have exim just spool the mail up to the /var/spool/exim/...
dirs, I would ideally like it to spool each item to a subdir based on the
recipient address, in BSMTP form. This will enable us to poke around for
nasty things, and to pull mail for particular people if needed.
Joe.Blow@??? needs his mail quick, we just feed the files in the
/var/spool/exim/held/Joe.Blow@??? directory to exim.

Once we're fully back online, I assume it would be just a matter of feeding
the mail to exim with -bS to move it inwards.

Any ideas ?

--
Dean Carpenter  deano@???
94 TT :)              Dean.Carpenter@???