Re: [Exim] rewrite to empty sender?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave C.
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] rewrite to empty sender?
Oh Im just sending way too much mail tonight..

Ok, having fixed the envelope sender problem (so error bounces wont)..

I now want to try and fix another thing..

Hypothetical case:

a webhosting customer has a webform, with a place for the user to enter
their email address. this goes to a "formmail" type of script, which
sends mail to the webhosting customer's address, _FROM_ the address the
user entered.

Now lets say the user enters:

sdfgsdfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

Currently, exim tacks on qualify_domain, which is just the webserver's
primary hostname, which is NOT a domain we receive mail for, and
definately not one for which the above random garbage is a valid
address in..

I tried setting qualify_domain to null, but that leaves the address as
"sdfgsdfgsdfg@", which is refused by mailservers...

I'm trying to figure out what the "Right Thing <tm>" to do about this
is.

I'm open to any suggestions..