Re: [Exim] SSL/TLS support

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SSL/TLS support
On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 02:51:21PM +0000, Vladimir Litovka wrote:
> Instead, smtps can only be negotiated on the standard SMTP port (25), and
> therefore cannot easily be wrapped."
>
> We've tried to use smtps - it works with M$IE, but doesn't with Netscape,
> so if you still want SSL'ed mail transmissions, you should add this
> functionality into MTA.

stunnel *tries* to do TLS negotiation with smtp- it prints out a
banner, accepts an EHLO and accepts a STARTTLS- but I never got this
to work with Exim, and I don't remember if it was supposed to work if
the incoming connection *didn't* do a STARTTLS.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head