Re: [Exim] SSL/TLS support

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vladimir Litovka
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SSL/TLS support
tcurdt@??? wrote:

> Thanks! That's great! But I also need to have exim listen for non
> encrypted connections!
> Do I then have to run exim in a 2nd instance? One for port 465 and one
> for port 25? If yes, will this work without any problems? Do I need to
> have two configurations?

From http://www.rickk.com/sslwrap/ :

"You cannot front-end SMTP service with Netscape Communicator 4.5 and
later clients. Due to a change in port assignments by IANA, there is no
longer a smtps service port (465), and there won't ever be one assigned.
Instead, smtps can only be negotiated on the standard SMTP port (25), and
therefore cannot easily be wrapped."

We've tried to use smtps - it works with M$IE, but doesn't with Netscape,
so if you still want SSL'ed mail transmissions, you should add this
functionality into MTA.

--
Vladimir Litovka <doka@???>
. Phone/Fax: +380 44 2351511