[Exim] new lookup type

Author: tcurdt
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] new lookup type
Hi, I have writen a new lookup type to make the
pop-before-relay sollution a bit more -let's say-
native to exim.

Instead of frequently building a file which hosts
are aloud to relay from the pop-before-relay spool
directory you can make exim look by itself!

I call this lookup type dirlist because it returns
a directory listing like 'ls'

So all you have to do then is put...

host_accept_relay = dirlist:/var/spool/popauth

...into your exim config file and exim will
check for the files himself.
All you have to do is patch your popper or use
the perl scripts from to FAQ to create the files
and remove the timed out IPs.

Unfortunately it's not correctly working already:
The lookup yields only:
"172.16.1.3" but the relaying host (172.16.1.4) is
still "permitted to relay"! I've also tried
172.16.1.3/32 but it didn't help anyway.

Sorry that I don't have the debug output with me
right now. But maybe you have an idea anyway!
--
Torsten