Re: [Exim] Closed Mailinglist & Authorised Error Messages

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Astley
Para: Naveed Khan
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Closed Mailinglist & Authorised Error Messages
Naveed Khan wrote:

> I am using closed mailing lists in Exim. When a user who is not authorised
> to send to a mailing list does so, they get an error message saying "unknown
> local part";

> recipients. The following address(es) failed:
>
>   closedlist@???:
>     unknown local-part "closedlist" in domain "dcs.gla.ac.uk"

It sounds like the director which normally deals with closedlist is
failing (as it should) and then nothing else is catching that local
part. A quick and dirty solution (especially if the closedlist director
is _before_ system_aliases) would be an aliasfile with an explicit
failure line of the form

closedlist: :fail: This is a closed list, please subscribe before
posting

Another solution would be a smartuser director (or alias entry) which
rewrites closedlist to your listmaster so you can read the incoming
mails that currently bounce and decide whether to allow them through.

This is rather general - good list servers presumably have support for
this kind of thing built in but that's not an exim problem!

This is a bit close to home actually, I really should rewrite my sender
address to be my subscribed address. Sorry Listmaster. 8-}

Matthew #8-)