[Exim] can't read messages

Author: Mihaly Gyulai
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] can't read messages
I'm a newbie to Exim. (3.11)

I have 2 problems: I can't read or send messages remotely!

I downloaded messages from my ISP with fetchmail,
but can't read them! Now Exim stores the messages in
/var/spool/exim/input, and not in /var/spool/mail/$USER
(from I could read them...).

In 'mainlog':

'misi@localhost R=lookuphost defer (-1): remote host address is the
local host -- Frozen'

(and later):

'no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one
connection'

After reading the FAQ I already put into 'exim.conf':

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0

(I guess it means no-limit to number of messages ?)

Q: Why can't I read the downloaded messages ?

Q: How can I send messages thru PPP ?

Q: How can I thaw those messages ?

exim.conf is close to the starting state.

Please Cc to gyulai@???, I'm not on the list.

Thx.