Re: [Exim] Most objectionable spam yet

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tony Earnshaw
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Most objectionable spam yet
Michael Stevens wrote:

> I had this as well. My virus checker, although old, didn't find a
> virus in it. I haven't tried running it and don't intend to.

NOT: "although old"!

Perhaps rather: "BECAUSE it's old"!

Advice from an extremely virus conscious sysadmin (40+ purposefully
ignorant Windows users, 5+ not particularly ignorant Windows users):

Always keep your Gates and/or Mac-based anti-virus stuff up to date! Use
network server automated updates to clients! Update with new virus
patterns at the moment they are available! Force updates on all network
users! Nag network users constantly to ensure that they know what harm
the latest crop of viri can do both on their workstations and on network
shares. Never run DOS executable from sources you don't trust 100%!

You'd be surprised at what and how much sh*t our AV software has
discovered and got rid of the last few months.

Tony

paranoid, especially about Internet breakins and Gates-based viri

--
************* THE NEW DIMENSION IN DISTRIBUTION ***********
  ilion Faculty B.V.