[Exim] String expansion query

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gyan Mathur
To: exim-users
CC: Gyan Mathur
Betreff: [Exim] String expansion query
Hello all

Sorry, I am probably missing something blindingly obvious here but...
what's wrong with the following expansion string?

  command = "/home/majordom/majordomo-1.94/wrapper request-answer \
            ${lookup{$local_part} lsearch \
            {/var/exim/aliases/majordomo-request} {$value}}"

This is in a pipe transport of course. The log shows (line split for
readbility):

1999-12-15 13:57:34 11yDmc-000EkH-00 ==
test-list-request@??? T=majordomo_request_pipe defer (0):
Expansion of "${lookup{$local_part}" from command
"/home/majordom/majordomo-1.94/wrapper request-answer ${lookup{$local_part}
lsearch {/var/exim/aliases/majordomo-request} {$value}}"
in majordomo_request_pipe transport failed: missing lookup type

Missing lookup type?? The ${lookup ...} is one that I eventually got
working in the configuration for another machine, and the only
difference that I can see is a different file name and the addition of
the fixed text before the look-up.

Sorry, bound to be something silly, but I can't see what it is. Exim
3.12 under FreeBSD 3.3 by the way.

Alvast bedankt

Gyan.