From: <tcurdt@???>
> > Yes,
> >
> > Subject: [Exim] Recipe: Exim with SSL using stunnel
> > http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-19991011/012645.html
>
> Thanks! That's great! But I also need to have exim listen for non
> encrypted connections!
> Do I then have to run exim in a 2nd instance? One for port 465 and one
> for port 25? If yes, will this work without any problems?

Yes, simply run two[1]. Works for me: I'm happily mailing my CV/resume out to
interesting looking companies on my current employer's network no problems
and at the same time receiving all the job offers coming back[2].

> Do I need to
> have two configurations?

No particular reason why you should unless you only *want* two
configurations. By default both would look at /etc/exim.conf or wherever else
you or whoever compiled it has configured the binary.

I don't think that stunnel solution is entirely correct as a result of some
issues arising from masking the incoming IP. Since however I and other users
on my system are the only folk that use it it doesn't actually have any
practical bearing that I'm aware of.

Paul

[1] Quite how I get debian's start-stop-daemon to work with stunnel when I'm
using stunnel to call imapd too I'd love to know...

[2] This example provided for illustrative purposes only...