Re: [Exim] host lookup problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] host lookup problem

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 04:38:53PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >Is this a good thing to do? Maybe Exim should try finding IPv4
> >addresses even if IPv6 addresses give a TRY_AGAIN?
>
> That would probably be fair. IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for a given
> hostname are pretty much equivalent.

I'll let you two fight this one out :}

The point was that Exim got TRY_AGAIN for looking up only some of the
addresses- shouldn't it return TRY_AGAIN to the upper level iff it
gets it or a failure for *all* addresses? This is taking the view that
looking up "A foo.com" and looking up "AAAA foo.com" is just like
looking up two different addresses...

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head