Re: [Exim] host lookup problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] host lookup problem
On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 12:27:08PM +0000, Steve Haslam wrote:
> bash$ exim -v -M 11xYOT-00014R-00
> delivering message 11xYOT-00014R-00
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> == xxx@??? R=lookuphost defer (-1): host lookup did not complete

Hm, of course I should have
included this extract from "exim -d 9 -bt xxx@???":

lookuphost router called for xxx@???
dns lookup: route_domain = ixl.com
DNS lookup of ixl.com (MX) succeeded
DNS lookup of mailconn1.ixl.com (AAAA) gave TRY_AGAIN
mailconn1.ixl.com in dns_again_means_nonexist? no (end of list)
DNS lookup of mailconn2.ixl.com (AAAA) gave TRY_AGAIN
mailconn2.ixl.com in dns_again_means_nonexist? no (end of list)
Actual local interface address is 127.0.0.1
Actual local interface address is 194.216.238.11
fully qualified name = ixl.com
host_find_bydns yield = HOST_FIND_AGAIN (1); returned hosts:
mailconn1.ixl.com <null> 10 1058 *
mailconn2.ixl.com <null> 100 10020 *
lookuphost router deferred ixl.com
message: host lookup did not complete
xxx@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
host lookup did not complete

So actually it looks like it's the IPv6 queries getting retry results
doing it. And by setting "dns_again_means_nonexist=*.ixl.com" I can
get the mail through, which is my first priority.

Is this a good thing to do? Maybe Exim should try finding IPv4
addresses even if IPv6 addresses give a TRY_AGAIN?

(Is there a way I can disable IPv6 addresses without recompiling? I
don't use them, but I like to stick to the official Debian package...)

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head