Re: [Exim] Virtual Names & More Complex

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Galbavy
Para: System Operator
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Virtual Names & More Complex
On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 09:13:42AM -0500, System Operator wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking at Exim as our MTA replacment for good ol'sendmail. One
> thing we are trying to figure out how to do is create mail accounts
> without having to create 'user' accounts. We have a web hosting model
> that does not require the user to need access or ftp to a machine, its all
> browser based, however we would like to provide email to some of these
> clients without having to maintain more user accounts. I know Exim can
> tie a domain to an account, but this still needs the account.
>
> Does anyone know if Exim can solve this delimma, or point me to a place
> that can?

I posted a sample config about a month ago that achieves this. A more
up-to-date version will be available soon to any who want it.

You just need to, basically, decide you directory layout structure and
make sure that only appropriate access is available to the per-domain
passwd file (or whatever) and it should all work. Making your MUA or
POP3/IMAP server work is another phase...

--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd