Re: [Exim] Adding Sender:

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ian Jackson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Adding Sender:
Philip Hazel writes ("Re: [Exim] Adding Sender:"):
> It is true that these days, when anybody can connect a personal computer
> to the net and inject any old mail they like, Sender is not as important
> as it used to be. Nevertheless, on shared systems it is of use for
> tracking who among thousands of users sent that abusive message. I
> suppose that now Exim is also used on non-shared systems, I should
> provide an option for not adding Sender.

Nowadays Sender is effectively useless for tracking abuse; this is
what Received headers are for.

What I would like is a way to allow users to specify their own Sender
(if they want to) and not have one added, and also to specify the
return-path, _without_ giving them the ability to forge the first
Received line.

Ian.