[Exim] host lookup problem

Góra strony
Autor: Steve Haslam
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] host lookup problem
bash$ exim -v -M 11xYOT-00014R-00
delivering message 11xYOT-00014R-00
LOG: 0 MAIN
  == xxx@??? R=lookuphost defer (-1): host lookup did not complete
bash$ host -t MX ixl.com
ixl.com                 MX      100 mailconn2.ixl.com
 !!! ixl.com MX host mailconn2.ixl.com is not canonical
ixl.com                 MX      10 mailconn1.ixl.com
 !!! ixl.com MX host mailconn1.ixl.com is not canonical
bash$ host -x -t A mailconn2.ixl.com mailconn1.ixl.com
mailconn2.ixl.com       CNAME   srvntsxconn2.toc.ixl.com
srvntsxconn2.toc.ixl.com        A       216.99.0.137
mailconn1.ixl.com       CNAME   srvntsxconn1.toc.ixl.com
srvntsxconn1.toc.ixl.com        A       216.99.0.136

Hm, will Exim refuse to deliver when an MX points to a CNAME then?

I know it's bad DNS, but I would have thought it was fairly
common. <bigotry> And it's an NT system, so trying to explain it is
probably a waste of time :} </bigotry>

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head