Re: [Exim] delivering aborted - Spool file is locked

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: robert rotman
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] delivering aborted - Spool file is locked
On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, robert rotman wrote:

> i've much traffic on my exim mailserver.
> everithing works great, thank you all (especially Philip;)...
>
> now i've a mail in the spool directory which looks quite normal.
> sender and recipient adress is workin ok but i get the message:
>
> Spool file is locked
>
> i've not found anithing in the docs, faq and mailinglist.
>
> what should i do with this error?

I'll put something in the FAQ. This is not an error. It is perfectly
normal on a busy host. What it means is that some Exim process, probably
started by a queue runner, found that a message it wanted to deliver was
already being worked on by some other process. If you set log_level less
than 5 these warnings won't even be logged.