Re: [Exim] Problem compiling on RedHat6.1

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jim Knoble
To: exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problem compiling on RedHat6.1
That's not an exim issue. Those symlinks ought to be part of the
kernel-headers package. And in fact, on most Red Hat systems, they
ought to point to:

/usr/include/linux -> ../src/linux/include/linux
/usr/include/asm -> ../src/linux/include/asm

../src/linux/include/asm is a symlink to the asm directory for the
appropriate architecture; it's created by `make symlinks' in the
toplevel kernel directory.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble@???

På 1999-Dec-09 klokka 14:02:57 -0800 skrivet Derrick MacPherson:

: I am on a Intel Linux box, RedHat 6.1, and kernel 2.2.13 - I had a
: previous version of Exim I wanted to make a couple changes, and
: recompile.. I used the source code I had (3.03) and I couldn't get it to
: compile... So I grab the 3.12 source code and same thing. After
: monkeying around, I surprised my severely limited knowledge of compiling
: and actually figured out what the problem was...
:
: There is a sym link:
: /usr/include/asm -> ../src/linux/include/linux
: that I needed to change to
: /usr/include/asm -> ../src/linux/include/asm-i386
:
: I am not sure what is the proper fix - if it is an issue with Linux, or
: with Exim, or if anyone else has seen this problem.
: Can someone with a better knowledge of compiling and Linux comment on
: this? Thanks everyone.