Re: [Exim] *Official* exim rpm

Góra strony
Autor: Mark Baker
Dla: Exim mailing list
Temat: Re: [Exim] *Official* exim rpm
On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 09:26:20AM -0200, Otavio Exel wrote:
> Domi wrote:
> >
> > The only problem with the Debian config is it defaults with procmail,

Only? Well, thankyou, but I'm sure you're wrong on that one!

> > and from a security point of view and a logical point of view I
> > wouldn't run procmail.
>
> are you sure? the current stable Debian (slink)?

No, not in slink.

> AFAIK there is no procmail in the default config; not even a way to
> install procmail using Debian's eximconfig;

In potato the config file output by eximconfig includes (always) the bits
from the manual to automatically call procmail if it is installed and users
have .procmailrc files.

I can't see how this does any harm: if you don't have procmail installed it
won't be called, if you do then users can call it from their .forward files
anyway so calling it directly from exim is no security risk (and it won't
ever be called without the users wanting it to, because of the test for
.procmailrc).