Re: [Exim] POP / SMTP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: jylam
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] POP / SMTP
On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 11:37:11AM +0100,
jylam <jylam@???> is thought to have said:

> I saw that exim support SMTP. Does it support POP3 ?
> (I'm VERY sorry of asking a question like that, but I'm a very newbie in
> mail servers :)
>
> Thx

No. It doesn't. POP3 (and IMAP) are means by which you retrieve mail from
a server with a client like Eudora or Netscape (also known as MUAs or Mail
User Agents) for reading. SMTP is how e-mail messages are transfered
between servers (MTAs or Mail Transport Agents).

POP is outside the scope of Exim. See the recent message on this list for
the location of a POP daemon (cucipop) -- software that performs this
service.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality