Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH is working but...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Morley
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH is working but...
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Mark Morley wrote:

> > if in host_accept_relay and not in auth_hosts
>
> I have now modified smtp_in.c to do this and it works well.

That is useful to know. When I get back to working on the code (won't be
for some time) I'll think about inventing an option to turn on that
behaviour.

> On a related note, does anyone have more info on AUTH LOGIN? It appears
> that this is what Outlook Express uses and although I have it configured
> (as per the Exim example) and have tested it manually, I can't get OE
> to authenticate. In particular, does OE expect specific server prompts?
> And does the LOGIN option have to appear before any others?

This is all I know about LOGIN:

1. Client side of authentication protocol exchange

The client expects the server to issue a challenge. The client then
responds with the authorization identity. The client then expects
the server to issue a second challenge. The client then responds
with the authorization authenticator. The contents of both challenges
are ignored.

This completes the client-side LOGIN authentication.

2. Server side of authentication protocol exchange

The server issues a string which SHOULD be "User Name" in challenge,
and receives a client response. This response is recorded as the
authorization identity. The server then issues a string which SHOULD
be "Password" in challenge, and receives a client response. This
response is recorded as the authorization authenticator. The server
must verify that the authorization authenticator permits login as the
authorization identity.