Re: [Exim] * alias

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Stevens
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] * alias
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Michael Stevens wrote:

> Stupid question maybe but:
>
> How do I setup 'weird' aliases in exim like the address
>
> *@domain to forward to a specific email address
>
> (where * is literal and not a wildcard).
>
> What sorts of limits are there on this?

Well, Exim will only take that address as a wildcard if you request
wildcard searching in the search type, e.g. "lsearch*" instead of
"lsearch". So the problem only arises if you want to have the literal
*and* the wildcarding. In this case, the only way I can think of
handling it is to use two directors. The first does the aliasing and no
wildcarding; the second just does the wildcarding - and you could do
that with a smartuser director.