Re: [Exim] using exim as a gateway

Author: Andrew duxorth
To: Paul_Yahnig, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] using exim as a gateway
-----Original Message-----
Date: Tuesday, 7 December 1999 2:05

>It sounds as if you are doing the samething that I am.....but I am having a

major
>problem, maybe you have solved it. I have a bunch of systems behind a

firewall
probably not. We have two clients both running NT mail (diff versions) that
confilict,
We have norrowed it down to 2 characters in the header. I was hoping there
was
some way that header could be altered.

>that send mail to a Exim gateway which then sends it to a final system for
>internet delivery. (ISP) But when I get mail back in, the Exim server gets

it,
>but does not know how to pass it back to the internal hosts....any idea?
>thanks

I guess there is 2 ways depending on what you wish to do.
1. get the internal servers to poll the gateway for mail for each
domain/mailbox, bit messy though.
2. Get it to forward it on. not quite sure how to do that (one of the
redirector pipes I assume).
I only got 3.11 yesterday, been running 2.10 til now,
still having a bit of play!!
We end up looking at that so as soon as I work it out I'll let you know!
cya
Andrew

SEOL System/Network Administrator
admin@???
awd@???
99 Commercial Street East
MOUNT GAMBIER, SA, 5290
Ph +61 8 8724 9796
Fax +61 8 8725 4983
Providing Internet Access to the South East