Re: [Exim] owner.group of log files?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] owner.group of log files?
On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Dave C. wrote:

> I have set the log directory to that group, and set the SetGID bit. I
> have set all the current and archived files to that group. and set
> group read permission.

> Yet something (exim? exicylog?) keeps setting the current main or
> reject log to group 'mail', which is the GID under which exim runs..

Exim forces this. The problem is that it creates new log files and has
to ensure they are accessible. Sometimes it just happens that it is root
when it creates a log file - and when this happens it changes the
uid/gid to the Exim uid/gid. It has to change the gid to *something* --
it can't assume the SetGID bit has been properly set to what the
administrator wants. The code that does this is line 213 in log.c of
Exim 3.11, if you want to change it.

I suppose there could be an option to control this, and refrain from
changing if the directory has the SetGID bit. Noted.