Re: [Exim] *Official* exim rpm

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Urs Janßen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] *Official* exim rpm
On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 05:42:51PM +0100, Georg v. Zezschwitz wrote:
> This information is used to generate a sendmail.cf, but it could
> be used to generate an exim configuration file, too.

debian comes with a exim configure tool (eximconfig) written in perl
(never used it, but what ppl. told me it is usefull), unforunately
debian (I didn't look at the unstable branch) still uses exim 2.x...
(If anyone is interrested in the script, I've put a copy on
<ftp://ftp.tin.org/pub/eximconfig>)

> A post-install script might use this information to provide a
> drop-in replacement for sendmail. I guess SuSE would support
> attempts to provide a RPM giving the choice between Sendmail
> and Exim, which would e.g. require that they update their dependencies
> from sendmail to sendmail|exim (a lot of RPMs require sendmail).

shouldn't be that hard for the SuSE guys as they also support postfix
instead of sendmail.

urs
--
"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - Linus