Re: [Exim] Exim 3.11 released

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.11 released
> > I have just put release 3.11 on the primary ftp site:
> > ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-3.11.tar.gz
>
> Just a thank you letter for the absolutely seamless ease of getting new
> Exim releases into production.

Indeed, I hate to take up list bandwidth, but I have to say that Exim
has turned into a *model* software distribution, even compared to
most commercial products.

There are very clear procedures for documenting *all* source code
changes, showing as-of-yet undocumented features (NewStuff), and very
consistent and thorough overall documentation.

The source code is easy to read, and the coding style is concise. The
organization of the modules and source is also clear and self explanatory
(at least in the areas I've poked around in).

Also, having moved to Exim 3.10/3.11, I think we're approaching one of
the most stable releases ever. Panic log messages have now all but
disappeared, and with very heavy use of virtual domains, hundreds
of forward files, procmail installations, mailing lists, etc., that's
pretty impressive. We've been using Exim since 1.61, and stability has
slowly increased to the point where it's not even questioned any longer.

I'm sure this has been said often enough, but the gratitude of the
users of the Exim software is probably more wide spread than is
realized.

--                              Regards, Dean
Dean A. Brooks
IgLou Internet Services, Inc.
Louisville, KY USA