[Exim] (no subject)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bradley Cloete
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] (no subject)
Hi There

We had a situation this morning where someone tried to send
mail though our server, the messages were rejected at an
average rate of 4-5 per second because of an invalid user
error, there was a total of 66130 messages rejected in about
4-6 hours and it kept the max connections at 290 (10 are
reserved max=300) before we started getting these errors ...

In the paniclog.

50 accept() failures: No buffer space available

Can anyone tell me what this means?

I have the following in my configure file...
queue_run_max = 50

Has the queue_run_max setting got anything to do with it?

Later on in the logs there's some more errors like ...
1 accept() failures
3 accept() failures

The kernel on the box (Linux 2.2.12) has been fine tuned for
increased file handles and number of files open.
Theres 768 Megs of RAM in the box.

TIA