Re: [Exim] [offtopic] anti-spam that actually works

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Georg v. Zezschwitz
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Mark Morley
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] [offtopic] anti-spam that actually works
On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 09:04:20AM -0800, Mark Morley wrote:

>    delete if md5 is in md5-database

> That caused the md5 string to be calculated for each incoming message
> and looked up in a globally accessible database.
>
> It was fairly successful in the cases where a spam happened to be
> delivered to one of the spam-trap addresses first. But this didn't
> happen often. That could be improved by setting up a lot more spam
> traps, possibly at multiple providers and domains.

I thought about something like that several months ago.
Basically, I used a domain with the "lowest" but reasonable
domain name for this (e.g. "a0a-consulting.de") and also
added a mail address like "aaron.miller@..." on the web page
for this domain.

Yes, it caught some mail. Pretty many spam is sorted by name
or domain. You catch the "all-webmaster" spam resulting.

However, my idea was to move POP3 to a database driven mail
solution, where you can drop mails by a single SQL statement. This
would have enabled "late" spam deletion.

I never came that far as you did.

Regards,

Georg