Re: [Exim] [offtopic] anti-spam that actually works

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: nbecker
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] [offtopic] anti-spam that actually works
nbecker@??? said:
> I suppose it would be possible for the spammer to counter this by
> making his messages unique. But I think this would require
> modification of his spam-sending software that is probably beyond the
> expertise of most spam senders.

Thats been done already - especially for news group spamming (where the
inline filters that can be added to news transit software very
aggressively find and kill spam), however I have seen several spam runs
where the subject, top and tail of the message had modifications to
defeat relatively dumb pattern matchers.

Its an arms race where the rate of innovation is horrifically fast.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]