Re: [Exim] Detecting open relays in Received path

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Galbavy
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Paul Makepeace
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Detecting open relays in Received path
On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 10:36:29PM -0600, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Every single item of spam I receive through my pobox.com account has gone
> through a relay listed in ORBS (http://www.orbs.org/ ). So I like would to
> scan all hops for IPs that are in the ORBS database. This doesn't at first
> sight appear trivial--perhaps if exim had an ORBS lookup routine (along with
> its dbm file, aliasfile, etc) it would be quite simple?

One of the "discussions" going on in NANOG is the use of ORBS *by*
spammers to spot open relays, since ORBS (apperently - I have not
looked) publish their lists on the web.

This may mean that if an MX is in ORBS, it will mean that it gets used
more for spam.

Sort of circular reasoning.

Regards,
--