Re: [Exim] Delivery to a FIFO pipe

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Chris Read
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Delivery to a FIFO pipe
On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Chris Read wrote:

> Does anyone out there know if Exim can deliver mail to a fifo pipe? I've
> scratched through all the docs and stuff the only work around I can find
> is to deliver to an script or something that then dumps the data to the
> FIFO, but that is not an ideal setup. Is there no way Exim can do this
> directly?

FIFO pipes have names in the filing system, right? So to make Exim write
to one, you just get it to deliver to the path as if it were a file. Use
the appendfile transport, or use "save" in a filter, or use a file name
in an alias or conventional forward file (which also end up in an
appendfile transport).

I've never done this, and I'm not sure how the locking would work. You
may well have to disable locking by lock file, but I assume the fcntl
lock would work. If not, you have a problem with interlocking two
simultaneous deliveries - which is also a problem if you deliver to a
script which just writes to the FIFO without locking.