[Exim] ammunition needed please

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Otavio Exel
Para: Exim mailing list
Asunto: [Exim] ammunition needed please
hello eximmers,

I just got this error message in my log:

> 1999-11-30 15:25:37 11sr1z-0000ni-00 ** evandro@???: all
> relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts: it appears that the
> DNS operator for this domainhas installed an invalid MX record with an
> IP address instead of a domain name on the right hand side

and indeed..

> $ mx indusval.com.br
> indusval.com.br         MX    10 200.211.11.66

I'm 100% sure that exim's behaviour is in accordance with the RFCs; now
could someone here please point me to the relevant RFC in case I need to
justify exim's behaviour?

searching the list archieves I found 2 solutions by Nigel:

> You need to set up an explicit router for that domain - ie a
> domainlist router.

but I'm not a sysadmin and I feel more safe if my exim.conf is as
clean as possible!

> Next step is to tell the idiot concerned to get a clue as *many*
> other people will be throwing their mail away.

I was going to try but then I noticed their server is MS Exchange..

thanxs for any help! the very thought of reading a RFC scares me!

beers,

--
Otavio Exel /<\oo/>\ oexel@???