Re: [Exim] Allowing relaying from multiple networks

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Allowing relaying from multiple networks
Quoth Philip Hazel on Wed, Nov 24, 1999:
> or, for Perl hackers
>
> ("eggs", "milk", "bread", "newspaper")

A Perl hacker shopping. Must be an awful sight.

> In other words, "list" does not have (IMHO) any general meaning in
> English other than "a number of things written down in order".

One of the definitions of "list" (noun) in Merriam-Webster is:
    1 a : a simple series of words or numerals (as the names
    of persons or objects) <a guest list>

> On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Graham Leggett wrote:
> > Another idea is an "Exim quickstart howto" which defines a standard
> > setup from beginning to end, incorporating anti-spam measures, and all
> > the other things that are needed in a typical installation.
>
> I just haven't had the time to do this, and I'm not the right person to
> do it anyway (I know too much :-) but I hear a rumour that somebody else
> may be attempting it.

The FAQ is the correct step in the general direction. My opinion
is that the manual (which is very good) along with the FAQ are
enough to teach people Exim. And Exim is not the kind of program
which should be studied with quick start guides. "Teach Yourself
Unlimited Exim For Dummies In 21 Days"?

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.