Re: [Exim] Allowing relaying from multiple networks

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Graham Leggett, michael
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Allowing relaying from multiple networks
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Would it not make life easier
> for everyone if it were possible to specify multiple networks as being
> separated by commas, or spaces, or semi-colons, or colons.

No. Exim is consistent. All its lists are colon-separated. Within items
in various lists, commas, spaces, and semicolons are used for other
things at times. (Since I started on Exim, IPv6 addresses have come
along, using colons within themselves, thus spoiling things and
requiring escaping.) Using up more than one special character for
essentially the same job would be wasteful. There aren't that many of
them.

On 22 Nov 1999 michael@??? wrote:

> That chapter could be more precise by either first giving a specification
> of lists and then documenting the list elements,

Er, I thought it did. The items are defined in the order

  String
  String lists          <===================
  Domain lists
  Address lists