Re: Support for RPM packages (was: Re: [Exim] Segfault when …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Support for RPM packages (was: Re: [Exim] Segfault when running newaliases)
Quoth Tony Earnshaw on Sat, Nov 20, 1999:
> Actually, I followed this thread with interest, having myself a
> completely different 'newaliases' (shell script calling exim_dbmbuild)
> that rebuilds various dbm databases each time it's run.

I suppose that this is what most of us (exim users) have. If
they have a newaliases script at all, that is. Our newaliases
script first runs a perl script piped into exim_dbmbuild, and
then another perl script piped into the same good ol'
exim_dbmbuild.

> My impression was, that people were getting hot under the collar because
> absolutely none of the information critical to the analysis of the
> problem was supplied. When it was repeated that there was not enough
> info., the replies contained equally meaningless info.

You've got a point. There were indeed not enough information,
and I, being myself, gave incomplete answers. The reason my
answers to simple questons are mostly incomplete is that it's
trivial to find the info, and I want people to do it themselves.

> | Anyway, that's it. Perhaps we've all had a bad day. I hope that is the
> case.
>
> There are a lot of extremely gifted and knowledgable people here, but
> questions phrased as "can anyone here tell me the meaning of life?"
> don't go down very well, either here or in other similar forums.

Why? In this case, the answer is 42.

(Yes, I know it's not the correct question. Can anyone here tell
me the Ultimate Question without having the Universe disappear,
please?)

Must... Stop... Reading... This... Book...

Vadik.

--
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to
provide a test load.