Re: [Exim] Segfault when running newaliases

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Segfault when running newaliases
Quoth Philip Hazel on Fri, Nov 19, 1999:
> I don't even understand RPMs because I am not a Linux person. I
> only know about the base Exim source distribution.

And not all Linux persons understand RPMs. Debian (and the evil
Corel Linux) use .deb files, Slackware uses .tar.gz, and only
RedHat, distributions based on RedHat (e.g., Mandrake), and
S.u.S.E. use RPMs (if I'm not mistaken). I don't know about any
other package formats used in various distributions of Linux.

I also suspect that different RPM packages have different config
files bundled with them. The Debian package has (or at least
used to have) three or so different default config files for
different situations. And remember that some other OSes
(OpenBSD, for example) too have exim packages with their own
customized config files (is it customized on OpenBSD, Peter? I
don't have an OpenBSD box handy right now, and I don't use the
port anyway).

The point is, RedHat Is Not The Only Bloody UNIX In The World!
Thank you.

> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Jim Knoble wrote:
> > If /usr/bin/newaliases is a symlink to exim, this will cause an
> > infinite loop.
>
> So it will! Nice one!

I hoped nobody will say it and Eric will find the solution all by
himself. There were enough hints. But in some cases the said
bi_command is correct. But then, I'm evil, and most other people
on this list have kind heart.

Vadik.

--
Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so.
    -- Ford Prefect